Symbol Formation & Transformation in Theory and Practice
May 31 – June 3, 2018
With International Speaker:
Dr. Elias da Rocha Barros
São Paulo, Brazil
Dr. Elias da Rocha Barros is a psychoanalyst, training analyst and renowned international speaker from São Paolo, Brazil. He is the recipient of the Sigourney Award for significant contributions in the field of psychoanalysis, and is a pioneer in making the work of Melanie Klein and her followers known in South America. He has combined the influences of his training in the British Psychoanalytic Institute with his studies of both Kleinian and field theory popular in Italy and in Latin America.
New Programme Features
- May 30-31, Pre-congress Working Parties Group (CCM and WPSPTT-IGW) with moderators from Brazil, Canada, France and the USA.
Separate registration and registration fee is required for the Pre-Congress. Register here.
- Keynote Address with Dr. Elias da Rocha Barros
- Master Clinical Case Presentation with Dr. Elias da Rocha Barros
- Work/Study Groups aimed at in-depth explorations of four psychoanalytic topics led by a panel of Canadian experts:
- The Psychoanalytic Study of the Work of Bion (Drs. Elie Debbane, Rose Vasta, Gabriela Legorreta, Sharon Francis Harrison)
- The Psychoanalytic Study of Sibling Relation (Drs. Brian Robertson, Gabriela Legorreta)
- The Psychoanalytic Study of Trauma (Dr. Arthur Leonoff, Ms. Josette Garon, Dr. Joseph Fernando)
- The Study of Psychoanalytic Couple Therapy (Dr. Sarah Usher, Ms. Carole Hamel)
- Invited Paper Presentation by Doctor Howard Levine (USA)
- Panel Discussion on Working Party Groups (Drs. Philippe Valon (France), Elizabeth da Rocha Barros (Brazil), Margaret Ann Fitzpatrick Hanly (Canada)
Watch a Message from Our Local Organizing Committee Chair, Dr. Meryl Elman
Registration and Fees:
Pre-Congress Working Parties, May 30-31
Separate registration and registration fee is required for the Pre-Congress. Registration is currently underway and the deadline for registration for the Working Party Groups is February 15, or as soon as the groups are complete. We expect them to be sold out so do not delay securing your spot. See details and registration here.
National Congress, May 31 – June 3
Registration is open. See below for details.
Full Registration, May 31 – June 3
Members – $250 (on or before May 15) / $299 (May 16 onward)
Non-Members – $350 (on or before May 15) / $399 (May 16 onward)
Candidates – $100 (on or before May 15) / $179 (May 16 onward)
Students – $100 (on or before May 15) / $179 (May 16 onward)
Single Day Registration
Members and Non-Members – $220
Candidates and Students – $120
Gala – $100
Full refund up to May 15th, minus 20% administration fee. From May 16th onward, refund of 50%, minus 20% administration fee, up to 5 business days before the congress. No refund within 5 business days of the event.
1155, Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal (Quebec) H3A 2N3
A block of 50 rooms have been reserved for Congress registrants at a special Congress rate of $235, plus taxes. This rate will only be in effect until April 1st, 2018. The special Congress rate will be applicable until 2 days prior to the Congress and/or for two days after the Congress. After April 1st, the regular room rate will apply.
Please note that this is high season in Montreal and the weekend before the Grand Prix, the full start of summer in Montreal. As a result, hotels tend to fill up quickly so please keep this in mind when you plan your stay.
National Congress Registration, May 31 – June 3
Register and pay online by making your selection below or register by mail using the Congress Registration Form. Mail your registration form with cheque made payable to the Canadian Psychoanalytic Society to:
Canadian Psychoanalytic Society
Montreal (QC) H3S 2C1
Further information: by telephone at 514.738.6105/1.866.738.6105 or email at email@example.com.